Saturday, October 8, 2011

Rubba

Headed down to The Land today to change my rear on the KLR.
The Continental tkc-80 lasted me about 6,500 miles and still had yet to hit the wear marker.   Completely satisfied with the tire, but variety is a spice or something.
Heidenau K-60 Scout.  130/80-17
It should last longer, doesn't feel as gummy as the tkc.  No more boot grinders for me.
Im currently at 16,200 miles   About 9,000 for how long ive had the KLR
I have a tkc on the front too.   Its doing everything I ask of it.   Thinking of doing a swap for a 19" wheel once this tire wears out.


Other then the swarms of box elders and a leap of faith by my father with a stove to catch him, it has been a great weekend at The Land.

Hopefully Bens advice on the carb manifolds will bring this baby back to life

The Scout is a little tamer

3 comments:

  1. I think those Contis are the ones I''m putting on the GS next, got em sitting in the garage. Don't ask why, fashion I guess.

    Let me know if you want any help with GS carbs, I know them all too intimately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great tires, If I do 18" front wheel I will probably get a Conti rear for it.
    Do you think it would be possible to seal up the manifolds? Just looking for the easy way out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried a lot of things with my old shitty manifolds and the only real solution was ponying up for new manis.....for me. Maybe you will try some method of sealing I never thought of. Another part of those that always leaks is the o-rings but I think you said you replaced those?

    ReplyDelete