Friday, December 9, 2011

Crocker

Planning my Bass build.
If I can find a deal on a left handed B5 Bigsby, I hope to modify it for my Electric Construction class next semester.
Im thinking
LPB with Comp stripes
Short scale Mustang bass
Right handed Bigsby - Upside down
 Problem #2 with the Bigsby is I gotta make a roller bridge to get it to play worth a damn.   We will see how my winter break goes.   Still got that Y-Bike guitar to finish.
 
Winding something close to a Charlie Christian Pickup
Then just some simple body wood, hoping to do a Lake Placid Blue or Fiesta Red 
Maybe a flamed neck



 Paul Bigsby was a motorcycle racer/pattern maker

 He made all the patterns and designed a good chunk of the parts found on Crockers

The lightening of a cast gas tank

Grass Track


3 comments:

  1. I only play ss basses and have always gotten a little bit of flak for from purists types. I just think they play faster, easier for me. I never really liked the idea of a bigsby on a bass, but now I'm thinking it would be way rad. I have two ss basses right now,both low cost instruments and both heavily modified already. Hmmmnn, I'll be watching this build.

    ReplyDelete
  2. besides, it's the closest I'll ever get to anything crocker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you seen?

    http://www.flickr.com/people/mariocostello/

    ReplyDelete