Friday, May 13, 2011

Hillclimb!





I have been living in this tiny river city of Red Wing, MN for the last 2 years.  It took me a year to figure out that there is a motorcycle hillclimb in the middle of town tucked behind a baseball diamond.   I finally figured out via word of mouth that I had already missed one day of events this weekend.
No chance I was going to miss another day.

I have always enjoyed street machines in an off road setting. I like to think it offends some people. So when I saw Suzuki Gsxr motors slammed into cr frames, I knew it was going to be a good Sunday. HD Sportster & Big Twins too, even a new Indian.
 
The vintage class had some cool bikes running. Suzuki Gs1000, couple kawasaki h2 s, couple yamaha xs650s, and my favorite a 750 triumph.


You may think I'm picking the triumph in light of my near purchase. That may be true, but this was a full blown hillclimbing machine.
Ard timing cover to run a magneto
Barnes primary with a mod to run another mag
Swingarm pivot off of front sprocket axis to keep the chain tension consistent

Twin rear fox air shox
Not the best of welds, but sweet bike all together.

One of my favorite things about the event.   How it was mostly kids racing. Atleast 2/3 of the participants were under the age of 18.
The whole event was family oriented.
They had a 3 year old racing!!    She had training wheels on, but she made it a ways up the first hill.


All together good time.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment