Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oh the places you'll go

Decided I should finally put something up on this blog of mine.
2 days left of school.   Following that I will go home try to sell my 1979 GS1000 before I fly out to Philly next weekend.


Why would someone fly out to Philly?

2006 Triumph Scrambler

To pick up a bitchin' cycle, thats why.   First time I will have purchased a bike and not felt the need to modify it to get it close to what I want.   Front fender will go and a Bates scrambler seat will be added at some point.

Then I will proceed to road trip down to Asheville, NC to visit a buddy from school last year.  This will be my first trip over 600 miles.   I have put my miles on, I feel I am worthy now.
Route has yet to be determined.  Not sure if post-Asheville I will return straight home or tour around the south/south-east.
I have been planing on making this trip for awhile, looking forward to some quality two wheel time.

So this last Thursday I made it up to my first monthly cycle get together at Dulono's Pizza in Uptown Minneapolis.

I was expecting a small showing.  I was wrong.

My fathers red BMW R1100RS I rode is 4 bikes in across the street
Estimates of 500-700 bikes were thrown around.

A nice Subaru, not the WRX package
The Italian Harley

500 Triumph Tiger, The bike that brought Dylan down


Street legal ice/flat tracker

Civilianzed HD 45 WLA
Plenty of sweet home grown choppers, mostly evos but a few japs

Want to say this was a XR500 motor, But I don't remember for sure
And then the forever classic Vincent





The main focus of the 100 mile trip was to find someone with a Triumph Scrambler and pick their brain.
None to be found, maybe I will need to make a trip from Madison to Minneapolis next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment